Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Monday, July 30, 2007

Traveling North

At the moment I am in the public library of the small Swedish town of Laröd, just north of Helsingborg. Karien is down with the flu. We stay at the beautiful youth hostel that is on walking distance from the library. The hostel is warm and cosy, the ideal place for us to recover. By mentioning 'us' it implies that I was ill for a day with a sore upper jaw. It felt like a sore tooth, and I had a sleepless night with tooth ache. I would have visited a dentist today, but the pain went and flu-like fever replaced it. Today I feel much better and hope Karien is sweating the flu out today. We took two days to travel from Texel via Denmark to Sweden. The camping in Denmark was unbelievable luxurious. More details at a later post. Someone else wants to use the computer.

No comments: