Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Monday, July 09, 2007

Lilly the Pink

200707091420LYesterday evening family van Halm took me to a charity fund-raising cabaret evening of Jersey's Progressive School of Music. Watching all the performances was a 'mixed blessing'. But for a good cause, my ears can handle lots. And it was good entertainment indeed. Some had chosen very difficult songs to sing while not (yet) having the voice to support the songs; very daring. At our table the phrase 'Dutch Courage' fell. And some already sound as professional singers. In my ears is still the amazing voice of the woman that sang a Dolly Parton song, wow! During the break there was a buffet with a charity raffle. I could not resist buying raffle tickets and told to Len about the first time that I won something during a raffle. I was joking that today I would probably win the 'babysitter voucher'. And Len said that the one 'fitting' prize for me was the donated Jersey Kayak Adventures voucher. Well, what do you think I have won? Of course, I won the 'two hours of cleaning or three hours of babysitting' voucher (with a bottle of wine). And what a beautiful gift wrapper. Oh yeah, the evening opened and closed with the Lilly the Pink song...
200707091421L

No comments: