Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Fishing

Justine and JF gave me options what to do today. Low water in the morning for viewing black bears and/or fishing for Salmon at high water in the afternoon.

Fishing would be new for me, so that was an easy choice. All set with a fishing day permit for me we set out. We did not catch any Salmon in the inlet but we did see about eight black bears.
Justine and I then went out to the ocean to get a guaranteed catch of the day for our evening meal. While fishing and catching some rock fish two fishermen called out to us if we wanted the Salmon that they still had on their line. This turned out to be a massive Spring Salmon that did not quite fit in the bag.

I actually did catch one rock fish but it was kinda small and I released it. My fishing needs some getting used to because most of the time I spent untangling the hook from deck lines, bungees, net mesh, kelp, the lure itself or my finger and at one time even from Justines' kayak.

PS. My computer or it's adapter died so I am now experimenting doing all from my mobile phone.

Photos : https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZefSZd6Pht9ohprz5

No comments: