Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good friends from careers past

Yesterday evening I enjoyed a wonderful reunion of former IT colleages of Westland-Utrecht Bank, my last employer. And with great joy I met Tineke again, my last 'boss'.

Looking at all, I could easily think that I left just yesterday and not in late 2002. The overall view was that the WU until around 2000 was just about the perfect size company. Small enough to really be creative and be productive, while big enough to be able to move around in jobs and varied projects. Now 'split-up' and 'ripped apart' beyond recognition with all scattered around ING Bank and beyond and some enjoying (early) retirement or even emigrated. No enjoyment in working in big corporate structures...

It's a small world as I learned that Tineke recently moved to Culemborg where her partner has just joined the local kayaking club where sea kayaking committee colleage Ad is also a member. I think I have an appointment to go paddling in Culemborg soon.

Thank you Harry for organising the reunion again and I am glad that this time I was in the country and able to join.

No comments: