Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter Guests

200912180940040027_AS.JPG
It has been snowing now for hours on end, resulting in four inches of snow. Winter arrived. The annual arrival of Red Robin is a sure sign of imminent freezing temperatures. Why, I do not know, but generally a day or two after I first sight Red Robin in the garden it allways starts to freeze...

New this year (for me) is the Ring-necked Parakeet. First I thought it was an escaped cage bird (which in fact it is...). But seeing them in groups of 10-15 and looking-up about them I know these exotic birds are here to stay.
200912180939370025_AS.JPG
Not becoming too policital about it... Should we round them up and deport them back to the country they came from? But the saying says it all... Free as a bird. And they do add colour.

Another 'free bird' is my good old Tweety. My yellow Explorer, now burried under four inches of snow. I Taw a Putty Tat...
200912201146230034_AS.JPG

No comments: