Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Monday, June 09, 2008

Time on my hand

200806094084_AS.JPG
This morning my new Casio Sea-Pathfinder SPW-1000 arrived. My previous (four years old) SPF-40 died earlier this month when the time-set button broke. It had been functioning erratic for some time. I could have bought a new SPF-40 for a bargain price on the internet (and have some spare parts and batteries for it), but I chose to go for the solar-power and radio-controlled time that some of the latest Casio watches offer. The most-used function on my (old) watch is something as simple as the five separate alarm settings (that's one reason why the time-set button was frequently used). In Europe I have to set an alarm not to miss the scheduled VHF weather forecasts. The barometric pressure graph was the original reason to go for a fancy watch that does more than time alone. New is this model's depth gauge. This depth gauge function is of very limited use as the manual states that is not to be used for scuba diving. I still swim a lot and now I can check how deep I have sunk on those occasions.

And while I’m away, dust out the demons inside,
And it won’t be long, before you and me run,
To the place in our hearts, where we hide.

And I guess that’s why they call it the blues.
Time on my hands, could be time spent with you.


From: I guess that's why they call it the blues - Elton John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I buy your dead SPF-40? It is because I had a same model swatch. It broken the LCD panel. So I want use your dead swatch parts to rebuild my swatch. My e-mail is sheungkwana@hotmail.com. Please feel free to contact me and thanks to your help.