Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Monday, June 11, 2007

Freedom and Adventure for All

Returning home and weeding through the mail my eyes fall on the kayaking magazine "Paddling" of the Svenska Kanotförbundet. A picture that I took at the Southwest Sea Kayak Symposium made it into their publication and it is always nice to see how the picture was used (thank you Richard Öhman for the article). I can hardly understand any of the articles. But it has an article on sea kayaking's 'all-time' great adventurers with many familiar (and some unfamiliar to me) names. From Oscar Speck's 50.000 km (!) voyage from Germany to Australia from 1932-1939 to Rotem Ron's solo circumnavigation of Iceland in 2006. Frihet och Äventyr för Alla.

1 comment:

Richard at Point 65 said...

Hi Axel.
Glad you got the mag. Are you going to San diego again this spring? By the way, check out my blog! http://richardatpoint65.blogspot.com

Link it if you want and I can link from kine to yours.

Cheers

Richard