Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Friday, February 23, 2007

Rumours

With the 'lightning speed' of the internet, by e-mail, or just the old-fashioned way by talking on the phone or just chatting at a meeting one learns about things... Tonight I learned that shortly there will be parcels shipped all over the world. Furthermore, from another very reliable source, I heard that on the Saturday night of the biggest kajak/canoe show in the world, somewhere in the Midwest of the United States, there will be a NOT TO BE MISSED event. I just in-time replaced a two-word phrase with 'event' in order not to spill the beans. What a pity, I cannot be there to see it, but I know for sure that we will know all about it the day after... Spreading rumours? Me?
rumour UK, US rumor
an unofficial interesting story or piece of news that might be true or invented, which quickly spreads from person to person.

1 comment:

derrick said...

yeah, lightning speed alright. I heard about that "event" but no one will tell me the details. Damn! Guess I'll just have to be there to see it unfold!