Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Monday, February 12, 2007

Feeling Lost

What to say? Following Derrick's vigil, his 'hour-by-hour' account of events on the other side of the world, news links and thoughts. Just Friday I received an e-mail from John Kirk-Anderson from New Zealand. I had met John in Anglesey many years ago and he was dropping a line while he had mutual friends visiting him. They must have been preparing a great welcome for Andrew McAuley. The dot on the map, Andrew's last known position, only 65 kilometers from land remains on my mind. My knowledge of the English language is failing to describe my feelings properly. Just cannot find the right words, would there ever be anyway?

No comments: